0

Front Row Society

Posted by VickyToria on 21:04
So a week or so ago I was searching for Claire A. Bakers website without using her name?! as she asked followers of her blog to do and feed back to her with their results. In the process of this I got sidetracked by some facebook fanpage to do with surface design and came across a link to the Front Row Society... Its a fantastic site that sells digitally printed scarves and bags in limited edition runs. The surface pattern designs on these products can be designed by anyone who wants to submit a design! The site runs regular contests for either bags or scarves, each contest has a brief/moodboard and a colour palette for inspiration.

Perfect for someone like me who craves a bit of direction and to get back into the swing of designing fabrics!

When you have submitted a design and the submission period is over there is a 2 week voting period where anyone and everyone can rate the designs that have been entered from 1 to 5. The result of the vote means the top 10 designs with the overall highest rating will be taken through to production! If your design is selected you then have the choice of a one off payment for your design OR 10% of the sales revenue made from the product featuring your design.

As far as I'm concerned it's a win win contest because if nothing else it gives me a physical deadline to work towards (not something I've really had to do since finishing my degree) and it's certainly got the creative juices flowing to the digital section of my brain again!

So now that I'm finished wittering feel free to pop over to FRS and rate all of the lovely entries!

X


0 Comments

Post a Comment